Monday, May 18, 2009

AAR-PAAR Cricket

( I envy Shanouk.. arrey bhaunkata kyun hai bhaai.. main teri jagah nahi le sakata.. )
Respected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh

Today morning I gave some more thoughts to the team Allahabad All-Rounders and can disclose only the minimum players over here lest some of the owners and players themselves may get into making life difficult for idea to get into reality..

The parts which I can discuss without much impact -

Owner - Amitabh Bachchan/ Abhishek Bachchan
Partner - Aditya Birla ( Anil Ambani was the initial choice yet I avoided him as then buying back some of the players from Mumbai Indians might become a controversy)
Cricket Coach - Kapil Dev and Ravi Shastri if they are available - Mohinder Amarnath could be a beautiful choice as well!
Captain - Michael Clarke

Besides some of the top UP players the team could start off with buying 10 Indian players and 10 foreign players preferably from one from each of the cricket playing country..

My list of players may not necessarily be identical with what might surface with you, cricket coach and captain designate but I am definitely of the opinion to include Mohammad Kaif in the ten from India.. Is he not born somewhere in Allahabad as well.. I also wish Suresh Raina and Praveen Kumar could be bought back from their respective franchisees..Oh! am I discloseing more than I should.. I must curtail my thought process before I spill too much of the beans..

I have a feeling that the last week at IPL was arguably the best week the cricketing tournament had so far.. I only wish that the remaining five games and semi-finals and the finals match in the intensity.. unlike last year where the semi-finals and finals appeared as more lull games than some of the league phase in 2008...

With two games each for Delhi Daredevils and Royal Challenge Bangalore the others have only one more game left before the league gets over.. they too would have only one game each after the game in the evening.. I thought I could be impartial.. it is inhuman to be impartial.. man ny nature has to have strong likings and disliking .. How can I be an exception.. till Allahabad All-Rounders takes shape I would continue my support to one Virender Sehwag.. only I know it would nearly be impossible to buy him into the side as he is the icon player for DD..

Let me summarize the tournaments 51 games.. The last one turned out to be the best than all its competing games most of which took place during the last seven days or so..

Most Likely team to lift the IPL trophy - Delhi Daredevils

Most likely player of the tournament (India)- Rohit Sharma/Suresh Raina/Yuvraj Singh

Most likely player of the tournament (Overseas) - Matthew Hayden/Adam Gilchrist/AB de Villiers

Most runs in the tournament - Matthew Hayden/AB de Villiers

Most wickets in the tournament - Ashish Nehra/Rudra Pratap Singh

Most catches in the tournament - AB de Villiers

Most dismissals (Wicket Keeper) - Adam Gilchrist/Dinesh Karthik

The most impressive new player (India) - Shadab Jakati/Naman Ojha

The most impressive new player (Overseas) - Jean Paul Duminy

The most impressive spinner of the tournament - Pragyan Ojha/ Anil Kumble/ Muralitharan

The most impressive all rounder of the tournament - Suresh Raina/Jean Paul Duminy/Rohit Sharma

I know that I have this bad habit of dragging too deep into every issue yet this should help you in making some of your decisions.. if at all you do get motivated enough to float Allahabad All-rounders in the first place.. it would definitely be a good idea sir ji !

Love AAR it could also be called AAR-PAAR The second part is only for rhyming and quite a useful Indian phrase in terms of sporting including cricket...

I do not buy any theories that came forward in support of test cricket.. by international players in DNA today.. It is a dead cricket for me much before.. In fact I would not mind writing the story Death of Test Cricket.. but then I am not a pessimist I would rather choose to write the book .. The Birth of New Cricket - Twenty20 .. ( I know my dear friend Tumpa is all smiles today.. so must be Kashmir di.. and lots and lots of Bengal cricket lovers.. KKR turns the tables on CSK in the most thrilling encounter that was played less than 24 hours back.. I am happy for them all..)

Abhaya India May 20 2009 10:30 AM IST

Post Script: I have decided the most impressive twenty players for your T20 team, and my young son Amrit (10) took part in it.. He did support some players yet wanted some very strong players who may not be available for different reasons.. You could call me at 9869258653.. ( Agar aap iski jaroorat samajhe tabhi.. I know you would do a fine job of owning the new team all on your own..)

No comments:

Post a Comment