Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Crack of a match - the 43rd game

Delhi or no tream could have ever won it this one in its dream.. not from the situations like 149 for 3 .. it will always haunt Gilchrist what his team went through in those last three overs.. to finish as 161 all out and loose the game by 12 runs..
We know that Delhi has won it by 12 runs and sort of created a history by winning the games away when niether Viru nor gambhir have really made big contributions.. here is what I wrote to Amitabh Bachchan at the end of the game..
Oh! My Dearest Brother!
Sadar Charan Sparsh,
Are you in competition with me.. for writing such long posts.. there is a difference.. your posts are extremely valuable and contain ricj substance and information for most of us unlike the ones I just keep dragging for I do not know where to stop..
It was very heartening to see the post.. I shall read it in its entirety later in the day.. I did get to read about Sir Khwaja Ahmed Abbas.. and oh I too read a lot of Blitz and Screen mostly at the Barber's shop while waiting for a hair-cut.. Indeed what you speak of the times and terms of Khwaja Ahmed Abbas must be quite true.. His saat Hindustani was a great reflection of his vision.. It is sad that some 40 years later we have no one to take Hindi where it needs to be .. It is all right I do not want you to spoil your sleep over it.. main Hindi se itna pyaar karta hoon phir bhi aaj tak maine hi kabhi is baat ki taraf itana dhyaan nahi diya jitana jarrori hai.. chalo khair hindustan ek mahaan desh hai.. mujhe aur un sabko maaf kar dega jo use khud ki ek rashtrabhasha nahi de paaye..

The match was quite an anti-climax.. I expected Viru to hit the leather to all parts.. yet it was Gilly and Symo who tore it apart to different parts.. and what an unbelievable turn around in the match 149 for three to 161 all out in a space of 17 balls.. yes it was no less than an attempt to harakiri by trhe Deccan men.. They did not deserve to loose the game after such powerful reply by the two aussie known for changing the scenario when chips are down.. today their efforts were let down collectively by the Deccan batsmen. yet I must also add here that it was no ordinary effort from Bhatia, Sangwan and to some extent the fielders in the deep.. de Villiers was quite outstanding.. and of course Dinesh Karthiks last minute fireworks brought some life into the Delhi camp at the end of their innings.. A score taht was quite defendable was about to be torn apart with 2 to three overs to spare.. the way Gilchrist and later Symonds took charge upon themselves.. I am ashamed to say that i did not witness the great knock by Gilchrist as I lost interest in the game.. I was quite sure that 174 was some 30 runs short.. the way Gilchrist batted.. Sangwan according to me had bowled more superbly and I would have picked him my man of the match.. imagine someone sending down a maiden when other bowlers were bleeding terribly from the Gilchristeria and later Symondosis but it was the bhatiaphoid that Deccan could not recover from and lost the game by 12 runs..

Hopefully, in the next game Sehwag would open up and pay some heed to my today's earlier request.. a blitkreig from his bat is long overdue..

Love and yes the pictures are quite nice.. thanks for sharing them..

Abhaya India May 13/14 2009 1:08 AM IST

No comments:

Post a Comment