Friday, December 4, 2009

A Message for Sehwag

Dear Sehwag,
I don’t know if I have this right to be so upset and perturbed for you not achieving the milestone.. yet I was visibly upset and I only prayed that I did not behave badly yet did with Amrit.. the poor sould was at the receiving end as he spent time with badminton tournament in school rather than finding time for studies.. God must forgive me for my behaviour.. It is not he who is at fault, it is me.. I need to show more interest i his activiites than in Cricket and cinema.. he got a couple of hard handed drives on his back on his return from the games.. where he offered to saty back for referring even agter his games were over..


There is some deformity in my mind.. my father and mother brought up 11 children and barring my eldest sister everyone is a minimum of a graduate and here it is me.. who is struggling to cope up with him.. finding myself engrossed with this and other blogs and Virotechnics.. I must be ordered sanity by the almighty.. I have to spend more time with him.. graft his innings carefully and nurture his growth naturally.. I should have been not so upset with your failure to register the third triple hundred when I know that the way you play the game you would definitely come up with the third century on another good day like thursday the December 3 of 2009..


I read your interview in DNA and i am a relieved man.. you are not expressing your dismay even if you have just missed the mark by a whisker.. it is all right.. I did get a itchy feeling to travel all the 20 odd Kilometers to Brabourne but did not do so as I know that my watching you playing is superstitiously not to the best for you as a batsman.. I know I should not feel that way.. and I think these are just 6-7 coincidences that you get out the moment I decide to watch your game..could there be a connectivity.. scientifically trained mind wants to discard such theories but the observer in me suggests that next time you are nearing the milestone I shall definitely hide the TV remote or just walk out of home for a cigarette..

I have still not returned to normalcy after what happened to the proceedings of this game’s early third morning.. don;t feel dejected for me.. it is all right I shall come out of it and also learn to behave more rationally with the situations..

I wish that you achieve the milestone in the next time you play the full test innings.. meaning even if you have to bat here second time which I doubt would be required at all.. you should apply yourself well in the next full test match.. did I say I do not like India to play so much of test cricket.. I change my stance.. I take a fresh guard to test cricket and shall not mind if Test cricket survives and survives as the longest form of cricket..

I offer to tell you that there is another opportunity to create history besides this three triple hundreds.. no batsman in the world has made a double hundred in one-day cricket.. I have a feeling that you could target that in the series that follows the two T20s that India plays on 9th and 12th.. I shall feel honoured to be your supporter.. no, no not just for the sake of being a KVIAN or an Indian alone I respect your being a talented natural cricketer..

Love
Abhaya Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment