Thursday, April 23, 2009

Congrats Viru AB de Villiers did an Amitabh Bachchan on the field yesterday. My specail thanks to him and also to yoing Pradeep Sangwan.. (Below is an account that I posted on Facebook).
Hi! all!

yesterday, I wanted to see the match between Delhi Daredevils and Chennai Super Kings so I hanged around for a little longer after lunch..

you know what I did not see the opening of the game and when i did open the set.. Gambhir was gone.. so also I decided that I must be gone.. fear psychosis.. if I am watching my team would not do well.. I started and packed up to go.. my work place is seven to eight minutes walking distance.. i still use the car for the kind of temp.. So I reached office..

I could not keep off the game completely.. put on the cricket.org.. you know what to discover that Sehwag was gone too.. then I thought what good of my leaving home.. if it did not make any difference to my team's chances.. my superstition could not do the trick..

Yet.. Yet I had not lost hope and Dilshan and AB (He was Amitabh Bachchan of this game) de Villiers consolidated the innings.. slowly and steadily taking the score to respectability.. at the end of ten overs. they now have a seven and half minute break between the innings.. I decided again to rush home.. in between intuitionally I had a bet with a colleague that Delhi is still winning the game..
What a treat from AB de Villiers bat.. I think knowing South African grounds and conditions could have helped him a bit.. yet could it be so helpful that he went on to score the first century of the tournament.. a 105 runs off the just 54 balls faced.. for a comparison let me tell that in Test cricket most of the batsman take more than 100 balls sometimes someone like Dravid could take even upto 300 balls.. with due respect to him.. he is doing quite well in the shortest version of the game..

Oh! my post is becoming marathonic than cricketing in nature.. Yes the 189 runs I thought were still not quite sufficient and I was in doubts.. my doubts were proved right by Matt who given his form could have matted any score.. fortunately for Delhi Daredevils that he did not last beyond his 57 runs.. yet he with Patel and Raina had provided a base which only needed simple sensible cricket to floor the Delhi out of any daredevilry..

I am particularly happy for Sangwan.. If I were the judge.. I would have given him the man of the match his 3 wickets were the most precious for the win.. Delhi would superb last four overs.. who says T20 is not a bowlers game.. Just 42 runs required off the last 4 overs.. that is no Herculean task.. yet Delhi did manage to win was miraculous..

I did see only first 1o overs of the next game between Rajasthan and Kolkata.. I discovered that it was a thriller too.. being tied they had to go to the super over contest.. a feature that I was not aware.. this was the first time.. and Yusuf Pthan of the Pathan brothers did royal acts to grab first win for his team.. that leaves only Kings XI Punjab out of any wins in the tournament so far.. best of luck Priety.. I would pray for your team to perform well.. a win or loss is secondary..

More later..

I don't know some of you would be thinking that Abhaya of the blog has reincarnated over facebook too.. I can not help without detailed depth of an issue that I cover..

My love to new cricket lovers in Carla and Rochelle I don't think Rose can not be knowing the game living in England..

Reshmi.. I could not have joined the Air Force as I had failed in Pilot aptitude battery test.. more about that later..
kashmira di.. I wa told that I missed the call by four positions.. Had i been four strungs higher I might have been Brigadier Abhay Sharma today.. It si all right even a Colonel would not have been too bad..

I have to be careful of the spiderwoman and spy and who all.. Joker.. he is from my clan (I would nnot be so afraid of him..LOL)

I am extremely sorry for the long post.. it just occurred to me I could use it for my ipl2 blog and also post at brother's blog..hopefully people do not take offence to such privileged conversation being taken out of the four walls of our sphere of friends here on the facebook..

could someone tell me if I could invite more people to this thread.. I somehow misssed Ravi sir from being included at the initiation stage..

More later

Abhaya India April 24 2009 9:14 AM IST

Post script: Today is Sachin Tendulkar's 36th birthday, he is the captain of Mumbai Indians in the IPL, he also has maximum number of records in Test and one day cricket.. he is yet to play in his second T20 game for India. Happy Birthday Dear Sachin..

No comments:

Post a Comment